February 28, 2011

Day 59 of 365

The landscape around our house has changed dramatically since we moved in eight years ago. Where there used to be a dairy farm, sheep farm, pumpkin farm and greenhouse/nursery there are now townhomes, houses, stoplights and more houses. Although I am a suburban girl through and through, it saddens me to see all that land developed for houses. I realize, of course, that my own neighborhood is built upon former corn fields, but who said feelings need to be rational?

1 comment:

  1. I miss farm-y land too. Back in the big housing boom at the beginning of the last decade, most of it got built out. Now people are getting foreclosed on because they lost their jobs and can't afford their McMansions anymore, so a lot of them are sitting empty. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete